Your Transition

The Wounded Warrior Regiment Employment Toolbox is designed to help provide you with the necessary resources and support you need to find the career you want for your future. You can use this toolbox on your own, or with the help of one of our WWR employment specialists (Contact ph. 1-877-487-6299).


Explore the Employee Toolbox

The toolbox assists WII Marines and families as they assess their employment options and prepare for life after the Marine Corps. 


Topic Related Links

Transition Assistance Program

The Transition Goals, Plans, Success program—known as Transition GPS—was developed by the Department of Defense(DoD) in coordination with the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) and other partnering agencies. The program provides comprehensive services to our nation’s Servicemembers to transition to work, life, and home after the military. 

GI Bill 

If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program. 

U.S. Department of Education accredition list

Find a college or universities that have good standings in your professional field of interest. 


Learn more about majors that pay you back. Your choice of major can have a big impact on your post-graduation earnings. 


Request official transcript or make updates to your JST transcript. 

Learn how to request your transcript here

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Provides services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching.

MOS Translator 

Search codes or titles from the Military Occupational Classification (MOC).


In addition to career counseling, the VA provides the interest and aptitude assessment tool known as CareerScope at no cost to all eligible benefit recipients. CareerScope has been used frequently by Veterans to determine the best career path for transition to civilian life.

My Next Move 

My Next Move is for veterans and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration. Search careers with key words, browse careers by industry, or find careers like your military job. 

  • My Next Move website
  • Apprenticeships: Find out more about apprenticeships here
  • Experience: Search careers sorted by experience, training, and education here
  • Emerging Jobs: Lists positions by increased demand and emerging positions with a bright outlook


Explore the veteran job bank, skills translator, resume builder, and other resources. 

Marine For Life

M4L seeks to provide a resource of connectivity, linkages both to the Marine Corps and to the employment, education, career/technical, and entrepreneurial opportunities that await Veteran Marines in transition.

USA Jobs

Official source for federal job listings and employment opportunity information, provides a variety of opportunities.

Career One Stop

Worker ReEmployment is your one-stop site for employment, training and financial help after a layoff.


Additional Support

Retirement Support
For Marines who will retire, whether medically or with 20 years of service, knowing about TriCare, DEERS, ID Cards, the DD Form 214, the Survivor Benefits Program, and Veterans Group Life Insurance is critical to ensuring access to benefits before and after military service. Some necessary steps in this coordination begin months before a retirement date. The WWR has resources to assist in preparing for retirement and Veterans Affairs benefits. For additional details on each of these steps, please see the retirement support fact sheets.

  • Make a copy of medical records to keep on file.
  • Call TRICARE at 877-TRICARE (877-874-2273) and enroll between 30 and 15 days before retirement date.
  • Complete Survivor Benefits Plan (SBP) DD Form 2656 prior to separation. Retirees MUST make an SBP enrollment election.
  • Make Copies of DD Form 214 and put the original in a safe/secure location; complete carry a copy while completing transition as multiple agencies may ask to see it.
  • Go to the nearest RAPIDS location to get a retiree ID card.
  • Contact local VA Healthcare System.
  • Transfer Life Insurance Policy.

Post-Service Support
District Injured Support Coordinators (DISC) are mobilized Marine reservists and Field Support Representatives (FSRs) are contractors who facilitate a successful transition for those with enduring complex needs. DISCs and FSRs are located throughout the country and they assist WII Marines and their families: 

  • Transition from active duty or reserves to veteran status.
  • Identify and assist in resolution of problems related to VA support and services.
  • Facilitate support regarding post-service benefits and entitlements.
  • Respond rapidly in cases of empergency. 

Call Center Support
The Sergeant Merlin German Wounded Warrior Call Center (WWCC) provides 24/7 assistance to active duty, reserve, and veteran WII Marines and their families. Call center staff conduct scheduled outreach calls to WII Marines and also receive calls from Marines and families/caregivers requesting support. DISCs and WWCC representatives have access to all the WWR resources and are able to provide assistance on a wide variety of issues, including:

  • Benefits and Compensation
  • Servicemembers’ and Veterans’ Group Life Insurance
  • Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR)
  • Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL)
  • Employment Success
  • Education Benefits
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Vet Success Program
  • Homeowners’ Assistance Program
  • Veterans Affairs eBenefits Program
  • Veterans Affairs Benefits
  • Transitioning from Healthcare to VA Healthcare for Veterans

The Marine Corps care model is unique in that its approach is to ensure recovering Marines return to their units as quickly as their medical conditions will allow. To support our active duty WII Marines that remain with or have returned to their parent command, each Wounded Warrior Battalion (WWBn) has a contact center. Contact center representatives for west and east monitor Marines’ recoveries within their area of responsibility (AOR) and provide information on programs and/or resources.